Thursday, August 25, 2011

Leonid Afremov





Leonid Afremov is a talented painter. He has painted myriads and myriads of paintings. He is not your typical painter however. Instead of using a brush, he uses a pallet knife (for those who don't know what that is, it looks like a butter knife) to spread his oil paint on
his canvas to produce a extravagant painting of pure genius. He paints many kinds of genres. He paints people, animals, nature, scenes, and many others.



When you look at his work, your mind gets awakened with a new sense and perspective forthe subject in the painting. My mind was blown away when I saw some of his work.

If I could meet and spend a day with any one in the world today, I would choose him. I would want to talk to him about his work, ask him how he does it and buy a few of his paintings to hang in my room. Just learning from him would be such an experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment